Admitted to State Bar of Texas in 1983. He has tried numerous cases to a jury verdict and represented clients across the state. He has always had the highest possible rating by peers (“AV” rating on Martindale Hubbell). He is a member (“Advocate” level) of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has presented accredited CME lectures to over 20,000 Texas physicians on subjects including legal risk management, defense of medical malpractice claims, and defense of Texas Medical Board complaints against physicians.
- B.A. Plan II with honors, University of Texas, 1979
- J.D. with honors, University of Texas School of Law, 1983
- Clark, Thomas & Winters, P.C., 1983 – 1998
- Ballard & Simmons, LLP, 1998 – 2017
- Ballard Simmons & Campbell, LLP, 2017 – present